Today I want to talk a bit about moonwalk - an alternative implementation of the pants “protocol”.
First I just checked the pants commits after I accidentally found it, then decided it would be more fun to code an “API” compatible version. In Lua, because why not?
So ever since I am following progress and reimplementing some features (for now you can’t post in moonwalk, need to use SQL for that) but I can display, ping and hopefully soon do more stuff.
A few observations:
- lua rocks
- classic web development with CRUD and user facing stuff not so much
- there are some frameworks, lapis looks most promising
- I’m still writing my own stuff
- there is really fancy stuff and really weird stuff (ngx_postgres, looking at you)
- It’s probably not much fun to setup right now